Monday, November 29, 2010

inspector gadget




And no, I didn't just post pictures of the same dog. This handsome fellow is Gadget. To the untrained eye, he and Ratchet are identical.

Gadget was just about the most fun dog on the ice. I mean, I loved Dotty and all, but working with Gadget always made my day better! He had this zest and smile that pulled everyone in. Unlike his brother and father, Gadget didn't have a mean bone in his body. I never pushed him with other males, but he never, not even once, went out of his way with a sideways glance or growl towards anyone.

He was absolute hell in the chute, and I always ran him single....but that's just about his only flaw. Great eater, very social and SO loving. This boy gave better hugs than most humans I've ever been around.

He had a weird stomach issue that made him puke after almost every run (mostly due to the fact that he'd eat TONS of snow during hook-up), but it never actually bothered him.

If Gadget hasn't been considered as daddy material, I'd be shocked. Yeah, yeah, yeah....he doesn't lead like the rest of his family, but he's just as driven and has a better attitude to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment